Monday, September 3, 2012

Bad days and good days...

After a year, I thought I had gotten past the anger, hurt, and sadness. Unfortunately, when you aren't looking, the old feelings rear their ugly heads and depression is off like a freight train plowing through all the good. Fortunately, sanity pulls you back, or in my case, sheer stubborn force of will. He's taken 4 1/2 years of my life. I am not giving him anymore.

One thing the books and doctors have taught me is there will be setbacks. When it happens, you have to square your shoulders and push through the rough spots.

So many times in the past weeks, I wanted...no needed to talk to him, but I didn't. I held strong. I knew in my heart and head I was only going to get more lies. Nothing good would have happened.

It's times like this I congratulate myself on a victory. No one needs a toxic relationship and that man is highly toxic. It's good to be me once again...positive, energetic, and outgoing! Funny, I used to think stubborn was bad...my mom was so wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment