Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Most Days

Most days, I don't have a problem with finding something to be happy about.  I wake up to the cutest puppy in the world. (No I'm not biased).  I have one of the most wonderful friends in the world who works hard to help me work through the pain I feel.  Unfortunately, there are days that I just can't find anything good about. 

The therapist says that I will have days like that, but I am tired of them.  I miss walking into work and telling everyone "Good Morning!" in a singsong voice.  Now, I slunk to my office hoping no one will notice the tear tracks going down my face from the cry I've had on the way to work.

I realize that the relationship I had was a bad one built on mistrust and deceit.  In my mind, I know that there is probably something better out there.  But I can't help wanting to go back HOME.  He was my home, my family, my confidante, and my heart.  Without him, I feel all alone and empty. 

How do you find happiness when there is only emptiness inside and a sense of uselessness?  How do you feel self-worth again when you've been tossed aside like an old toy?  I am so lost right now. 

Everyone says to give it time that I will feel better in a few weeks.  I don't feel I have the time.  I just feel this urgency that if I don't get better soon, I will never get better.  I will be a little old lady pining away for the loss of her one true love. 

How do I stop my heart from yearning for what it cannot have?   It would be easier to ask me to stop breathing because I haven't taken a breath since the moment I walked away from him.....


No comments:

Post a Comment