Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Welcome to the Rollercoaster ride from HELL!

Since my breakup, I've ridden an emotional roller coaster.  One minute I am handling things well. The next I am a huge blob of tears.  Then, I am a raging lunatic.  Will someone please stop the ride and let me get off? 

I've ask the counselor several times how long I can expect these feelings to last.  Her answer, "the roller coaster ride will last as long as it lasts."  Well duh!  Didn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. 

Last night, I went to my first workout in months.  The trainer asks me what my motivation was for working out.  I immediately told her that I originally bought the membership to lose weight for my wedding and promptly burst out into tears.  Yep!  Right there in the middle of the 24 Hour Fitness!  I couldn't stop myself.  It was so humiliating.


I finally sucked up the tears and sadness, looked her in the eye and said, "I'm doing this for me now."  I told her that I wanted to reduce my cholesterol, blood pressure, and get toned and trim all for me.  She grinned and said, "Atta girl!" 

I learned a lot about myself last night...I am strong-willed and will get through this.  Unfortunately, there are going to be lots of tears, but I will make it.  What doesn't break us only makes us stronger.  When I come out on the other side of this, I'm going to be the better person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment