Monday, August 22, 2011

Rant

Are you happy now?

You couldn’t wait to start your new life so you shoved me out the door.  Before I could get down the street were you already calling her?  Was she worth it?  Does she make you happy?  Does she make you laugh?  Does she comfort you when you’re in pain?  Does she love you like I did?  Did the two of you laugh at the pathetic sight I made?  Did you laugh at the old, fat lady as she cried uncontrollably for the loss of her love?  Are you happy now?  Are all your dreams fulfilled?  Were you glad to see the last of my things leave your house?  Are you happy now?  Is the single life everything you had hoped?  Is the better woman better?  Does it please you that I cried so many tears?  Are you happy that I wanted to commit myself out of fear of hurting myself?  Are you pleased that I left you alone?  Is it easier for you now?  Is freedom from me all that you hoped? 

Are you happy now?

No comments:

Post a Comment